Are you still making your customers download PDFs to access your user guide?
Sure, PDFs are easy to create (that’s probably why you still see them everywhere). But they’re not easy to use when you’re on a phone or tablet, and they tend to be BIG files that eat up storage space.
They’re also a pain to update. (Really.) It doesn’t take long for things to spiral out of control…multiple files, multiple versions of the same file, and files with dreadfully confusing datestamps.
“So what version of the manual do you have?”
How it works
This Mintedleaf service provides, in one pain-free step, a streamlined way to put your documentation online, turning it into browsable and searchable help center that your customers can use on any device.
You provide Mintedleaf with your completed user guide in Word or PDF, and we turn it into a help center (or knowledge base or online manual–all these terms apply). The help center is hosted in the cloud by a third party provider under your own domain. You simply link to it from your nav bar, or anywhere else on your webiste. And voila!
Done and dusted.
- Hardware-focused companies with old-school print or PDF installation guides, quick starts and operating manuals that may not be updated regularly (and by that we mean once a quarter or less)
- Service-based companies who need their employee handbook or standard operation procedures available in an internal team knowledge base
- Companies who need a partner portal for product and sales training and information
- Starting at $3,400 for up to 100 pages.
But hold on…there are a few cases in which “(Poof!) A Help Center” won’t work and you may need a custom knowledge base strategy and solution.
What this service doesn’t do or isn’t perfect for:
- Customer support ticketing and tracking. (This isn’t a help desk solution. For that we suggest tools like Zendesk, Desk.com. or Freshdesk.)
- CRM integration
- Single sourcing documentation (having one common source of content for publishing to multiple versions and types publications
- Software companies that update software (and the docs) frequently, like every day, week or month
And by the way…
You don’t have to get rid of your PDFs. You may be quite attached (and we understand). But turning instructional content into a digital format that’s easy to browse and consume makes for a happy customer.
A few more technical details:
- Basic branding only like logos and colors is available
- Subscription to the help center platform is required (about $49/month)